Document library not showing categories on iOS

Copper Contributor

We are in the process of setting up a team iPad with SharePoint among other things.

When we open the site and one of the document libraries it just gives a long list of documents with no categories unlike the web version.

Is there a way to set the app to show the same way as the web version?

7 Replies

@PegEvents I don't know that it matters, but what version of SharePoint are you using? Check the site features to see if Mobile Browser View is activated, the site features to see if Mobile Browser View is activated.

PamDeGraffenreid_1-1657844509194.png

You can also edit the current view and check out the mobile settings.

PamDeGraffenreid_0-1657844372669.png

Does it work in the browser?  I don't know that it matters, but what version of SharePoint are you using? 

I am using the app and can't find the browser view type...
What happens if you open the site up using the Safari browser (or your preferred browser) on iOS rather than the app?
It works here and I have created a shortcut onto the home screen, but was wondering if the actual app was capable of being displayed that way as we may not always have access to the internet
Try the Microsoft lists app. If that doesn't work, describe your view - the number of columns and column types, I'll play around with it and see if I can get it working.

@PamDeGraffenreid I'm facing the same problem. Our document library contains many documents with several columns as metadata. SharePoint for iOS on iPhone and iPad shows only the name of the file, change date and file size. There is no option to filter the documents by the metadata (the filter button doesn't even appear). Opening the library in a browser ist working fine.

Toggling the switch "Mobile Browser View" under Site Features did not seems to have an effect in either way. By default it was deactivated. Also check und uncheck the checkboxes under "Mobile" in the View Settings of the library itself didn't cause any change.

To route our employees to the Safari Browser version with a link to this SharePoint can't be the solution. 

@maddinsdt same issue for me?? does the ios app just not support displaying custom columns attached to document libraries?