Document Library - How to Get rid of Certain Columns in a View

Brass Contributor

I have a survey library, you can see in this view it is showing columns survey year and Survey type.

VeeExcelLearn_0-1662893016110.png

The reason these columns exist is because inside of the CY2021 folder I have mapped certain files to  years and survey types.   How do I make it so that the Survey Year and Survey type does not show up  in the first screen. I just want it in the second screeen or inside of the the CY2020,2021 and CY2022 folders.  Is there an easy way to do this?

VeeExcelLearn_1-1662893102317.png

1 Reply

@VeeExcelLearn Unfortunately, this is not possible in SharePoint. This is how SharePoint document libraries work. When you show/hide a column in document library, it is added/removed at library view level & not folder/subfolder level.

Similarly, if you change any library view settings (like grouping/filters/sorting), change will be applied at document library level & not folder/subfolder level.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.