document handling

Brass Contributor

Hi community,

I hope someone can give me more insight in the following 2 scenarios.

Background: I build a sharepoint site with subsite as information plattform for my department. So documents, training presentations and other stuff related to different products. Our department guys should be able to offline sync (onedrive) all relevant document for the product they are working on.

1. Is it possible to somehow link documents in such way that the links will be offline synced as real documents instead of just the links to that document?
A bit more background. I have informations to a mechanical part of a product which is as such a part of different products. so the information would be important to have with each ouf products. And so make it offline "syncable" out of each product.
My idea was to create a document library for each of our products and create a "global doc lib" for shared parts and link it somehow (if possible) to the product library. so at the end I want to sync the product library and have as well the files from the "global doc lib" as offline version.

Is this somehow possible or is my approach wrong? Maybe just use one big library and use columns or something?

2. Can I grant document library permissions based on document type? I think yes, but how? And related to that... Can I check automatically if e.g. I have a .docx document and as well a *.pdf of this 

Thanks for feedback.

0 Replies