Doc Library Web Part displays differently at different browser zoom levels - WTF?

Copper Contributor

I added a Document Library web part to a Sharepoint Communication site page to display files from a sub-directory. The view limit is set to 500.

There are 39 files in the sub-dir, but I couldn't get it to display more than 30. It also leaves a non-functioning right-side scroll bar, and a huge white space at the bottom.

I was working on it again this morning. I got tired of scrolling so much, so I reduced the zoom on Chrome to 80%.

Bang! All 39 files were suddenly visible (without any scrollbars).

Zoom back out to 90% or more, and the 9 files disappear again, and the scroll bar / huge white space reappear.

Here's a side-by-side screenshot at 80% and 90%:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agl0xkxBCrv3jnH2tsFaabR_woZw?e=zUxP2K

(Getting those additional files to show up is not consistent. Sometimes the screen refreshes itself after zooming out, and shows all 39; sometimes I have to force refresh the page after zooming out.)

It's the same for my wife and a coworker, who were nice enough to help me troubleshoot this morning. 

And it is exactly the same in Microsoft Edge and Chrome. Zoom to 80%, see all files. Zoom out to 90+%, files disappear, scrollbar/white space reappears.

Anybody else experience something like this?

4 Replies

Hi @OldFatDog ,

As far as I know browser zoom is not supported, just the browser itself. Had many issues like this over the years and response is to use at 100%. 

Zoom isn't mentioned in the supported browser section. 

@Andrew Hodges 

Just to clarify -- at no zoom (100%) -- the files do NOT display properly. That's when the list stops at 30 files, and the non-functioning scroll bar appears.

The only time the files actually display as expected (showing all 39, with no scroll bars) is when the browser is at 90% zoom or lower.

I have this exact issue! Is there a solution somewhere......@OldFatDog 

Also have this issue; I run SharePoint page for my government office and a lot of us zoom in and it should at least wrap text instead of those right-left bars