SOLVED

Do we have the ability to manually run the sharepoint user profile sync job or set it schedule

Steel Contributor

Inside sharepoint online seems we do not have the option to run the sync for the user profile service nor to set its schedule. so can i know the schedule for this service? now we have added some external apps which depend on the sharepoint user profile service, so we need to keep the user profile service in-sync with our active directory as much possible. so can anyone advice if we can force the user profile service sync to run manually ? or set its schedule (each 3 days for example)?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution
No, you cannot force that syncrhonization...in regards of the schedule being used, it's not well known and not well documented as you have noted

@Juan Carlos González MartínOk i see thanks for the reply. but can we open a case with Microsoft  to run this for us? since we added couple of external apps which depend on the sharepoint user profile service, so we want the data to be up to date at-least once the apps are launched.. is this possible?

You can try it, but I don't think this is possible.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution
No, you cannot force that syncrhonization...in regards of the schedule being used, it's not well known and not well documented as you have noted

View solution in original post