DLP Policy not working for Credit Card Number and SSN in OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am setting up DLP Policy for a client to protect sensitive content such as Credit Card Number and Social Security Number shared via word and excel documents in OneDrive

It looks like the policy is either not working correctly or there is an issue with DLP in general. I have been testing with word file with test credit card numbers and SSN. I have no luck thus far. 

Anyone experiencing this?

6 Replies

Hi @Snehal_Rana,

Did you publish the policy to OneDrive?

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young What do you mean when you say "Did you publish the policy to OneDrive?" Did you meant to say Location has correct settings?

Locations.png

Hi @Snehal_Rana,

Sorry, I meant to ask if you publish the label(s) to OneDrive. See the image below.

clipboard_image_0.png

It looks like you have the locations set correctly.

I don't know the exact duration to apply the DLP settings out but it seems to be an overnight thing for us.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young It seems like currently I don't have Retention label setup. Do I need the labels setup for the Credit Card Number blocks or the Social Security Number blocks?

@Snehal_Rana 

We had to because Sensitivity labels did not exist yet. My experience with DLP is limited and whenever it doesn't work with a new site its usually because I didn't publish the labels.

Did you consider engaging support?

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young Yes we have a call scheduled. Will post my findings here