SOLVED

Displaying highlighted content based on a single metadata tag?

Iron Contributor

Somebody has asked me to create a page where they can view their documents with nice large tiles. The highlighted content web part seems perfect for this as it allows you to display documents in the grid format with a preview thumbnail of the document itself.

The trouble is, I can't find a way to filter what the highlighted content is showing based on a single metadata tag, e.g. 'only shows documents where document type = "Template"'. It lets you select things like 'recent documents' or 'documents that included these words', but not a metadata tag.

Does anyone know if this is possible in any way? Thanks

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Toby McDaid (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Toby McDaid,

If your metadata tag is added as a site column you can use the "Highlighted content" web-part filters to limit your documents. Example image below (I used Metadata as a column name).

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps.

Norm

Hi @Norman Young 

Thanks for the response. The screenshot you provided is the sort of thing I was initially looking for, but it appears in our tenant that "column name" option is not there.

hc.png

Hi @Toby McDaid,

Try changing "Source" to "A document library on this site".

Norm

Aha, that does the trick. Thanks Norman.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Toby McDaid (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Toby McDaid,

If your metadata tag is added as a site column you can use the "Highlighted content" web-part filters to limit your documents. Example image below (I used Metadata as a column name).

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post