SOLVED

Display a default folder in the Document web part

Copper Contributor

I have added the Document subpart to several pages of our SharePoint Communication intranet site. I've created subfolders under "Documents" for each of these pages. I want to be able to set a default folder for each page separately, but can't figure out how. For example, I want the Document web part on the "Lega" page to default to the "Legal" folder. IT page to IT folder, Quality page to Quality folder, etc.

I've edited the Document web part and changed the "Folder" field to match the desired folder name, but all it does is change the title in the webpart and doesn't actually default to the folder.

Help?

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Alpine_Miller (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Alpine_Miller 

I had created a sample document library and two modern pages with some content and document webpart target to different folders. Please look at the screenshot below for reference.

Document Library

DocLib.png

Page 1 with 'Folder 1' as the default folder

page 1.png

Page 2 with 'workbench' as the default folder

page 2.png

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

@Sudharsan K

I tried this. When I exit the page and come back, it's back to the top-level Document view and not inside the folder I was hoping to keep as the default. The only thing that's persistent is the name at the top.

Hi,
Can you please try Ctrl + R and Ctrl + F5 to clear the cache and reload the page and try. Its working for me.

@Sudharsan K 

That worked. Wierd. I even tried it in a separate browser before to make sure it wasn't a cache problem.

Thanks for the help!

@Alpine_Miller 

Please see the below gif.

Folder View_edit_0.gif

Hi,
Please mark the response which you think as a solution, it will help others in the community.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alpine_Miller (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Alpine_Miller 

I had created a sample document library and two modern pages with some content and document webpart target to different folders. Please look at the screenshot below for reference.

Document Library

DocLib.png

Page 1 with 'Folder 1' as the default folder

page 1.png

Page 2 with 'workbench' as the default folder

page 2.png

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post