Disable "Details" menu option in Modern List

Silver Contributor

We are using Nintex to build solutions in SharePoint Online.  And we are trying to see if we can start using Modern UI.

When you select an item, and select "Details", it opens up a pane that allows you to edit individual fields.

Is there a way to turn this off in Modern UI?  We have turned of Quick Edit, but that "Details" option still allows you to get around rules that are built into our form.

It also kicks off workflows we have to run "on change" too frequently and introduces errors.

3 Replies
I can only think on trying to use the "old" style to do this...but we are talking about modern list so we cannot do it :( (https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/105267/hide-ecb-item-in-a-sharepoint-2013-list)
Ya, with decent customization options, I could at least hide the option, but with all the lockdowns on SharePoint framework and loss of things like UserCustomActions, cant do that.

That little Details button completely invalidates solutions using 3rd party tools like Nintex or K2, at least for us...

I am using a PowerApp for the list forms, so in my opinion the "Details" action should just use this PowerApp in view mode. Almost seems like a mistake that it does not...