Digital signed pdf doesn’t show digital signature in browser, when file open using SPO Doc Lib

Copper Contributor

Issue

Digital signed pdf doesn’t show digital signature in browser, when file open using SharePoint Online Document Library

Replication Steps

Step 1:- When user upload the PDF file with digital signature in SharePoint Online i.e. “Communication Site” out of the box document library.

Step 2:- User double click on the filename and open into browser.

Step 3:- Provided Digital Signature area shows blank i.e. without signature

Screen Shot with Signature File

WithDigitalSign.png

Screen Shot with Missing Signature after browse from document library

WithoutDigitalSign.png

Please have a look and share your views or suggestion, if you faced such issue with SharePoint Online.

5 Replies
What happens if you try to open the file in the browser without opening from SPO? It could be a problem of the Office 365 File Viewer

@Juan Carlos

Yup, If i download and browse the file using browser or open with PDF, Digital Signature Persists. But unfortunately it doesn't appear when file browse using SPO document Library.

I've experienced a similar issues with a different digital signature when viewing via browser. 

The only way for me to check an e-signature is to download the file locally and open from the client app since it will need to verify the attached digital certificate. It is understandable that this can be a potential security issue. 

Fred

Thanks @Fred Y  @Juan Carlos González Martín  for your time.

I got workaround which work using Data Column Formatting.
Applied below data column formatting to Name Column, Then browser shows the digital signature of PDF file.

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
"elmType": "a",
"txtContent": "@currentField",

"attributes": {
"target": "_blank",
"href": "='<SiteCollectionUrl>/<Document Lib>/' + [$FileLeafRef]+'?web=1'"
}
}

@Manoj Mittal Are you actually opening the file in the browser?  SPO opens PDFs in a view mode.  Click the drop down arrow next to Open and select Open in Browser.  After selecting Open in Browser the digital signature should appear.

PDF Open.png