SOLVED

Determine which Page Template is being used for a SharePoint Online page

Copper Contributor

Hello. 

I am looking for a way to list out page templates ( can be Out of the box or custom) that are used for creating pages in a SharePoint Online site. A Template - pages based on template mapping. 

Is there any property that is saved and perhaps exposed when a page is created using an existing template? Flow, PowerShell anyway to get that details?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Isha Kapoor (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Once the page is created from a template, an editor can change anything about the page so I don’t know how reliable that would be. You could, however, add a metadata column to the pages library with values representing your template names. You can save each template with the value pre-set for that template. An editor could also change the label, but they would have to go to Page Details to do so, so it could be a simple but slightly more reliable way to gather this type of information.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Isha Kapoor (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Once the page is created from a template, an editor can change anything about the page so I don’t know how reliable that would be. You could, however, add a metadata column to the pages library with values representing your template names. You can save each template with the value pre-set for that template. An editor could also change the label, but they would have to go to Page Details to do so, so it could be a simple but slightly more reliable way to gather this type of information.

View solution in original post