Department and customers both in Sharepoint, how to setup?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I´m setting up our new Sharepoint for our department but I´m stuck.

We will need a Homepage with news, documents and so on.

But we also need a page for our customers that are renting space and equipment inside the same buildning. We will need news for them aswell sometimes the same and sometimes not as the department.

We will need them to access the same document libraries except maybe one.

I also had an idea of lists with custom views for the customers so that they only see their own posts for complaints and questions and that the staff would see all of the posts.

First I created a Team site for the customers but I realized that we cant share a list between the sites.

Should I setup the customers page as a subsite instead with custom permissions so that they can access th?

2 Replies
Hi, If the customers are gonna access the same content within the site, then you can create a page and set the permissions. Regarding the document access, you can make use of Document library web part and set the folders so that the customers will see only the files that can be accessed by them.

@Sudharsan K 

Thanks, I saw that I can use audience targeting for news posts and other things. Do you know if this works with groups reated in the sharepoint site in advanced permissions. I can just get it to work with the group of the Team site at the moment.