SOLVED

Deleted site column/page property is still showing in page settings menu

Copper Contributor

I'm working in SharePoint online. I deleted a site column called "isExpired" and I deleted it from the site page properties (content type) also. I was testing something, so I recreated it. I did this recreation and deletion process another time. Now the page properties are showing three versions of the property. How do I delete the lower two versions of "isExpired"? I only want the one in the first image to show. It's a calculated column, so it doesn't matter too much.  The highlighted one is the one I want to keep. I don't see the other two versions in site columns backend, but they do show up when I go into the site pages.

GreenBlueToZu_0-1665523221909.png

GreenBlueToZu_1-1665523336393.png

In the site page GUI, and click to show columns, they show up:

GreenBlueToZu_2-1665523471798.png

But I'm unable to delete them here: (all that shows is the one correct isExpired)

GreenBlueToZu_3-1665523613480.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by GreenBlueToZu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @GreenBlueToZu 

you need to check the list/library columns. When you delete a site column, this columns still exist on the list/library. I suppose, when you check that direct on you list/library, you can find all the columns.

Here are more information about list settings: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/edit-list-settings-4d35793b-246e-42a3-990c-563a83795b7f 

Best, Dave

Hi David,
Thank you. I went into the library settings (these were site pages). Then I was able to delete the columns. Thank you for the help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by GreenBlueToZu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @GreenBlueToZu 

you need to check the list/library columns. When you delete a site column, this columns still exist on the list/library. I suppose, when you check that direct on you list/library, you can find all the columns.

Here are more information about list settings: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/edit-list-settings-4d35793b-246e-42a3-990c-563a83795b7f 

Best, Dave

View solution in original post