Delagating folder or file permissions based on Sharepoint metadata

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Can files and/or folders in a Sharepoint library being delegated to specific people, based on the metadata that is inserted in each file/folder?

We autocreate folders with a scansolution and want to send the metadata with the scan, in this case for example the name of a person. All persons have read rights but can only see the files were there name is inserted.

Regards,

Froota

5 Replies

@Froota You can do that by using the "Grant access to an item or folder" flow part

@IzLove , thx for the fast respons. In power automate you mean? Do you have more details about this?

Thx in advance,

Froota

Yes you would need to write a Flow to permission each document based on the meta data once the document is created.
I asume this isn't a click-and-go feature.....So any help about this is welcome. I already tried to setup a flow in power automate, when a new file is created in my Library , but i'm stuck on what 'action' there has to be made and how I have to define that a specific person can only see the documents in de library where his name is on as metadata......

@Froota If the users name is there as metadata, you could use the "get file metadata" action and then the "grant permissions" action.