SOLVED

Default Theme for Auto News Digest

Copper Contributor

Hello, we are looking to add a Default Theme, primarily for the purpose of branding the automatic news digest emails.

As it stands there is no default (or any) theme set.  So my question is, if we now set a Default Theme, will it change any current SharePoint sites already used in the organisation?

Many thanks.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AaronB5 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AaronB5 If you change the theme in M365 admin center, it will only change the top most bar on SharePoint sites:

ganeshsanap_0-1659536532393.png

Auto news digest also refers to this theme in M365 admin center. Changing this theme will not change the themes applied for individual SharePoint sites (from site settings).

For more information, check: 

1. SharePoint Auto News Digest updates 
  2. Automatically sending news post digests with branding 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Great, thank you for the advice!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AaronB5 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AaronB5 If you change the theme in M365 admin center, it will only change the top most bar on SharePoint sites:

ganeshsanap_0-1659536532393.png

Auto news digest also refers to this theme in M365 admin center. Changing this theme will not change the themes applied for individual SharePoint sites (from site settings).

For more information, check: 

1. SharePoint Auto News Digest updates 
  2. Automatically sending news post digests with branding 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post