SOLVED

Date and Time Column changing on it's own

Copper Contributor

Has anyone seen your Date and Time column change by one day without any explanation? I have a SharePoint list with a date and time column, its not calculated or has any default value assigned and it does not have any power automate flows set up to have it change but I've noticed it seems to randomly change the date by one day. The change does not show up in the version history either, even though i have versioning turn on and it does capture other changes made to the list. 

any insights would be very helpful as this is really strange and confusing. 

4 Replies
Still seeing this happen but only with one end user and on one SharePoint list. I have been able to identify via version history that the date/time field in question is being changed when the end user makes changes to other fields.. but says she is NOT changing this one that seems to be changing on its own accord. If anyone has any idea why this could be happening I would love to hear your thoughts.
best response confirmed by BrandiLaRue (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BrandiLaRue Can you check which timezone is selected in the SharePoint site Regional Settings?

Is the user from same timezone as regional settings? If not, maybe this is causing the issue.

But ideally if user is not changing the value of date column manually it should not affect the date column value in SharePoint.

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior: Get support for M365 - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks @ganeshsanap.....solved the problem whereby recent list items appeared correct but older items were not. The sharepoint site regional settings were 8 hours off.
Hi and thank you for the response,
It has not been happening very often lately but the fact that it is so inconsistent makes it hard to nail down where the issue could be arising from. It has been weeks or months since the last time since I've seen this happen. I have tried submitting a support ticket, but I do not have the proper admin privileges necessary to do so.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BrandiLaRue (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BrandiLaRue Can you check which timezone is selected in the SharePoint site Regional Settings?

Is the user from same timezone as regional settings? If not, maybe this is causing the issue.

But ideally if user is not changing the value of date column manually it should not affect the date column value in SharePoint.

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior: Get support for M365 - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post