Customize field to type on a lookup

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have a sharepoint document library with metadata columns that provide more detail about the document. In this example its a vendor name for a supplier invoice. I have a sharepoint list with all the vendors in it and the metadata column looks up the values there. 

In the vendor list I have hundreds of vendors and when you are adding a vendor in the lookup column you have to scroll through the hundreds to find the one you want. 

i thought for sure you could type to search the lookup but it does not do that. 

I also tried customizing in Powerapps and found articles that state custom forms for document libraries is not supported yet. 

Does anyone know how to make this field type to search?

Thanks. 

2 Replies

@xBommer07 custom forms for document libraries most certainly is supported now. Just go to the Power Apps menu at the top of your library and select Customize form. Power Apps is certainly the way to do this as you will be able to start typing the name of the vendor to reduce the list down.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you for your response Rob. Do you know if there is a way to have the customized form open by default and have a document preview?

I have confirmed the use of custom forms. Works great but missing document preview and in order to open the form you have to right click and then More > Properties to open. There are a lot of extra clicks to get the form opened.