Customise news digest banner

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have created a few news posts that we now want to consolidate into a news digest email that is sent out company wide, however the current look and feel on the email doesn't give us a company look and feel and may cause readers/collegues to ignore the email.

Is there anyway that the banner of the email (shown below) can be customized and maybe change the wording to read something other than "Here's a news post that X wants you to see? 

unathid_1-1684247925970.png

5 Replies

@unathid unfortunately it's not possible to customizde the banner or text.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@unathid Not everything in SharePoint news digest customizable. Check below links for more information about how you can add branding to news digest and what can be customized:

1. SharePoint Auto News Digest updates 
  2. Automatically sending news post digests with branding 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thanks for this. 

Just a question though, why does the automated news digest email look different to the one I send when clicking "email news digest"? surely it makes more sense for the emails to look the same.

@unathid Not exactly sure why but this is how Microsoft designed it.

It is fine if they include the name of user in digest if it is sent manually. But, I agree with you that branding and format should be similar in both the cases.

You can submit feedback/idea for this on SharePoint feedback portal: SharePoint feedback portal 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

A workaround someone else came up with on another thread was to send the email only to yourself, then edit the banner manually (swap out the default Microsoft branding for your own) then forward it to the intended recipients. Its definitely not a solution, but it might get you over the line in the interim.