Custom Views Question

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

I'm a clerical professional working for Child Protective Services in my local county government. I'm the list administrator for our SharePoint list where we store data pertaining to all of the services we provide children. Since taking over the list I've expanded how we run reports and created custom views but I'm reaching the point where I want to do things that seem too complex for custom views. I'm hoping to at least get some suggestions.

I'm trying to create a custom view that extracts only information in a single column that contains a duplicate value (which identifies which child welfare case the services are linked to). I'm not given any option for duplicate values and I'm hoping there's a way I can do it without having to export to Excel and work from there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thank you,

Dom

2 Replies
Hi Dom,
Quick question: are you enforcing at the column level to have unique values? That could be a solution for your use case
Think the duplicate is on purpose. What might work is grouping on that column? Then you’ll be able to see but over time if this is a large list groups don’t work properly. Only place I would go is either using flow to do a check if another exists when it’s create or modified and check another column or box “has case” or something like that.

Or powerapps could be used here to create some good views based on all kinds of logic but there is a larger learning curve here.