Custom SharePoint Cookies

Copper Contributor

Hello Community! 

I am new to SharePoint and I have a requirement to set/create my own Cookies within SharePoint. 

Our SharePoint site will host Report Builder reports which will have slicers and drop-down fields which users can apply filters. 

Now, based off this, I want to prompt users to provide their preferences so that whenever they navigate the site, their preferences are stored locally so that every time they access the site, the previous selections they made when interacting with reports is saved. 

I have access to a well-known Software called Plumsail Forms which integrates with SharePoint services. Could I create a form which asks their preferences and then applies this to the entire site? 

I will extend on my question so that you get a "worldly sense" of what I'm talking about. 

I work in healthcare, so I want users (managers/admins) to have a nice tailored experience. 

If they select a "Hospital" and a "Staff Group" I want the cookie to store/remember this "selection" so the next time they log-in to the site their preferences are already set. 

Sorry for the long explanation.

I hope this clarifies my scenario. 

0 Replies