SOLVED

Custom Fields not working in Site Pages Library | Modern Experience

Copper Contributor

I want to use custom columns in the Site Pages Library in order to use these as meta tag look up for building a Wiki in modern SharePoint pages through the Highlighted Contents web part.

I try to do this on a SharePoint Online tenant.

While I can add custom columns to the Library, I can neither enter values on these Site Pages Library custom columns nor are these columns selectable in the web part.

What possible troubleshootings are there aside from rebuilding the indexes on that Site Pages library?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
best response confirmed by J_J_B (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@J_J_B,

Typically where you use this is on the page itself.  Open the modern page, edit it and click Page Details.  Your custom column should be showing in the pane on the right.  

The News web part lets you do this as well as highlighted content.  The News web part lets you just pick a column from the library and filter.  The highlight web part only supports "Managed Properties" which you must create via the Search Schema.  If it's a taxonomy column this happens automatically.

ModernPage_customMetadata.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by J_J_B (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@J_J_B,

Typically where you use this is on the page itself.  Open the modern page, edit it and click Page Details.  Your custom column should be showing in the pane on the right.  

The News web part lets you do this as well as highlighted content.  The News web part lets you just pick a column from the library and filter.  The highlight web part only supports "Managed Properties" which you must create via the Search Schema.  If it's a taxonomy column this happens automatically.

ModernPage_customMetadata.png

View solution in original post