Creating Master-Detail in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Hello together, I have a question and hopefully it is in the correct community.

I have the following scenario.

I have a list will all my running project (with project name, start date, end date etc.).

So my page is showing all the projects. 

If I click on the project I want to open a new page in SharePoint Online with all the details of the project. 

E.g. All relevant project documents, all tasks etc. for this specific project.

I searched the web for some solutions but I didn´t found anything. I new to SharePoint / SPFX development. Has someone an idea how to handle; which approach fits best here? Thanks for any ideas!!

BR

Thomas

4 Replies
As you have figured out, if there is not an existing SPFx WebPart providing that feature you will need to write your own one

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thanks for your fast reply. Do you have any idea or concepts to do that. I think I´m not the only one who has such a request.

Is it best to have SPFX-Components on one page or sum up everthing in one component and render according the needs or is it better way to have the overall project list on one page and pass the project-id as a parameter to another page where all the others list (task-list, document-library) are placed and filtered onInit? 

Or is there a possibility to change/filter the exisiting standard webpart (List) with an initial filter? Would you suggest to do it with SPFX Extensio (i´m not sure if this is possible)

Thanks in advance!!!

BR  Thomas

@ThomasWagner or you could build it with Power Apps as you can have multiple connections to, for example, a SharePoint list and Planner tasks: selecting a project from a dropdown would open a gallery with the info, attachments and tasks for that project. The Power App could then be embedded in a page on your SharePoint site.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thanks for your input - that could be an option. I will check that!