Creating equipment reservation list, calendar, and more

Copper Contributor

I have 100 radios, 26 extra batteries, 8 6 bay charger, and 8 single bay chargers that I manage. I have built a list with all items in it, but Im not sure how to build a reservation "page" where users can enter a date range and request equipment without it telling them that radios would be available when they may not be. I do not have admin rights on the server, I have design rights.

8 Replies
Is this on SharePoint on-premises or SharePoint Online ?
Sorry I just saw your tag for 2013. I will have to come back to you later when I can figure something out.
Should have been 2016. My mistake
Oh that is good ! Do you know if you have the feature pack 2? That would allow usage of SPFx webparts.
I will ask our admins, tomorrow. Unless there is a way to check on the site, myself
Please check with admins, I can not really remember if there is a way for you to see that information. I will write down my thoughts below. Please mark as best answer if you feel that it gave you what you needed.

With SharePoint 2016 Feature Pack 2, you can develop custom solutions with SPFx web parts. With the help of Fluent Framework (Microsoft reusable components) and a sharp developer, this list can be used as data source and the rest can be built as you desire.

The downside is that you can not solve your challenge without admin permissions (to deploy the app) and a developer to create the solution.

Please note that this is based on my experience and there could be someone that knows how to solve it with out-of-the-box SharePoint 2016.

@ArefHalmstrand That sounds great, but we really don't have those capabilities. I need a more out-of-the-box solution.

There is not out of the box feature for reserving equipment, so you have to build on your own in a more manual way or as custom solution (already advised here). By the way: where do you have your corporate e-mail? If you are using Exchange, you might consider to use the resources mailboxes you have there to simplify how to book resources