Creating a Wiki using Modern Pages with clickable tags

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to create a Wiki Knowledge Base using Modern Pages with clickable tags?

I was creating one using this tutorial from Gregory Zelfond and created a column using Managed Metadata.

The Web Part showing the page properties is working correctly but I was keen on having these displayed in a way that they were clickable. The behavior I am looking for is that when clicking on one of the Metadata a new page would open showing all the documents in that site using the same metadata.

Is this possible at all? Or should I be doing it in a different way?

Thank you

4 Replies

@jagostinhoCT as far as I am aware this is not currently possible, I am wanting the same thing with metadata columns (although not using a wiki which SharePoint has always done very badly.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

One thing you can do is add a Highlighted Content Web Part that pulls in content that has the same metadata value. Effectively, you are pre-configuring a search that shows the pages with the same properties as the one you are on. Not exactly what you are asking for but the outcome is the same - showing all the pages with the same metadata value as that property in your page. You can choose how many you display and if more pages meet the criteria, the "See all" indicator will show up to show all of the pages that meet your criteria.
Hi Sue,
Have you heard of anyone exploring using Topics for this? I have this exact same need and a lot of tags so not sure if Highlighted content is going to work for us.

@Mel_C13 I may have misread your request. The Page Properties field allows you to display the term on the page, but you are right, the Properties field is not "clickable" - though like you, I really wish it were. What I was suggesting is that you use Highlighted Content to pull up related content on each page by filtering highlighted content based on the value of your metadata. For example, if a page is tagged with topics A, B, and C, you can use Highlighted Content to filter for Topic = A or B or C. The outcome is sort of the same as if the Page Properties web part were clickable.

The Topic map feature of Topics will show you connected terms in a graph where each node is clickable to open the Topic page. I'm not sure if this will give you the outcome you want, though. If the goal is to have a wiki type page that connects the reader to related topics, I think my recommended approach above will work. You can also present a view of the pages library on the home page of the site that allows the reader to filter by topic and then see all the relevant pages for that topic.