creating a "master list" in Hub site

Brass Contributor

Good afternoon. I've gotten some great help from this forum previously so thank you all for that. My question today is about hub sites. Is there any way to merge lists (both task and non-task) from across associated sites provided the lists are identically structured? My research so far indicates this is not possible but I want to double-check with a more experienced community.  

To provide context, I'm working on grant applications for a non-profit that helps severely traumatized children. I would like to use Sharepoint Lists to track application status, decisions, award dates, etc. We have funders and within each funder you might have 2 or more opportunities. Instead of having one huge List for all opportunities across all funders, I would like to have a "Grants" hub site and then associated sites for each funder. However, I still need to create a roll-up view. So if each associated site has a list with identical structure, I want to know if there is a way I can create a list for the Grants hub site that pulls in the data from across all the associated sites. Let me know if that doesn't make sense. 

Thank you. 

5 Replies

@0123456789 You can use a Highlighted Content web part to target specific content types.  When you create your task lists, use a custom content type called "TaskRollup" or something besides the default content type of "task".  Then in the Highlighted Content web part on site collection designated as the hub site you can target all sites in the hub that use the content type of "TaskRollup" in the example will display.

@Steve Pucelik Interesting. I'll see if I can get it set up correctly. Thanks, Steve! 

@0123456789 Here is an example of what the settings may look like as you're configuring it.  Once you master this, may possibilities will start to open up.

Pardon me: where is the example?

@0123456789 Sorry...the image did not attach.

HighlightedContentTypeExample.png