Create Site error, login.microsoftonline.com refused to connect.

Copper Contributor

Hello, i'm new to Sharepoint.

I'm learning to work with Power Automate and for that I have to make a list in Sharepoint on a site. Since I don't have a site yet, I'm trying to create a new one.

But everytime I click 'Create Site' I keep getting this error message: 'login.microsoftonline.com refused to connect'. At the same time I'm logged into several other MS apps with zero connectivity problems.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

7 Replies

@Jur82 Are you M365 (global) administrator or SharePoint tenant administrator?

Check documentations: 

1. Create sites
  2. Manage site creation in SharePoint 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @Jur82 

At a higher level, looks you need to enable the "third party cookies" on your browser. Because, we need to allow microsoftonline.com to set a cookie for the login process.

Thanks for your reply @NanddeepNachan. 3rd party cookies are enabled, but I'm still running into the same issue..

Hi@Jur82 

Can you please check the browser console for any error? if possible, please share the error / screenshot here.

The area with the options of team site and communication site keeps blinking and the errors in the console keep adding up

Hi @Jur82 

Thanks for the details.

Based on the browser you are using, please try the section "The solution: Allow third-party cookies" from below article:

https://blog.atwork.at/medium.aspx?id=c14c3ae3-3aba-429d-a748-b74283dbd463&date=/post/2020/09/13