SOLVED

Create posts : which rights (best practice)

Brass Contributor
Hello, i created a new modern site on SharePoint online. On the homepage i added the News Webpart. So far so good. Now i'd like to give one person the right to creat (manage) posts. I don't want to give her to much rights. What is a best practice in this case? Thanks in advance, henk.
3 Replies

You can't really give someone the right to just create news pages (as opposed to other types of pages). But, to minimize the extent of her permissions, add her as a Member of the site and train her on how to use her super-powers (not as super as Full Control) wisely. You can also turn on page approval for pages so that the content that she or anyone else creates on the site gets an approval check before it is visible to everyone.

best response confirmed by Henk Prins (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You can also change the permissions on your Site Pages library to read only for members / everyone and just give edit permissions to that library. This will limit changes to everything on the site except for as Susan said your pages such as the home page, and news articles.

No way to separate these currently.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Henk Prins (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You can also change the permissions on your Site Pages library to read only for members / everyone and just give edit permissions to that library. This will limit changes to everything on the site except for as Susan said your pages such as the home page, and news articles.

No way to separate these currently.

View solution in original post