SOLVED

Create a workflow for sending mail for incompleted task

Copper Contributor

I have created one task list.In that list Status,Assigned To, Task column is there.one month time period will be given for every task from created date.If the status column is not changed as completed  within one month , the assigned to person should get the mail with the task name and "your task is not completed".
How to create workflow for that using sharepoint designer.I am using sharepoint designer 2010,sharepoint 2016 onpremise.

5 Replies

@Bhrathi_97 You can create a new calculated column and create a new SP Designer workflow or add the new conditions to existing workflow.

I got one article that may help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/497223/sending-weekly-reminder-sharepoint-designe...

https://threewill.com/sending-reminder-emails-using-sharepoint-designer-workflows/

Creating the SharePoint lists

The first step is to create a list (“List A”) that will be used to drive the reminder email workflow. For my example, this list had three fields:

1. Title (Single line of text) – the default title column, also used to link to the other list
  2. LastReminderTime (Date/Time) – the last time the reminder was sent, used to calculate the next reminder time
  3. NextReminderTime (Calculated Column) – calculated from the current time to find the next reminder time. Set the return type to “Date and Time”

The other list (“List B”) only has two fields:

1. Title (Single line of text) – this should match the title of the other list for the lookup
  2. LastReminderTime (Date/Time) – this field will be copied from the first list

Creating the SharePoint Designer Workflows

First, create a list workflow for List A to send the reminder emails. This workflow needs three steps:

1. Pause until Date – set the date to the NextReminderTime field of the current item.
  2. Send an Email – send the email as required.
  3. Update List Item – set the LastReminderTime field of List B to the value of NextReminderTime in the current item, looking up the correct list item on ListA:Title = ListB:Title.

Set the start condition for this workflow to “Start workflow automatically when an item is changed”. Publish the workflow.

Next, create a list workflow for List B to update List A to create a loop. This workflow just has one step.

1. Update List Item – set the LastReminderTime field of List A to the LastReminderTime of the current item.

Also set the start condition for this workflow to “Start workflow automatically when an item is changed”. Publish the workflow.

Hi @Bhrathi_97 

SharePoint 2010 workflows are retired. Please see retirement announcement

As you are on SP2016 on-prem, you may consider creating timer job for this purpose.

Can you please tell how to create timer job for this
best response confirmed by NanddeepNachan (Learn Expert)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NanddeepNachan (Learn Expert)