Create a new section like comments with notes and attachments

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to create a section just like the comments section. We need to type in notes and attachments with each and every item. A pictorial representation is attched. thanks for any help.

SharePoint_file_edit.PNG

3 Replies

@doubleclick 

Unfortunately this is not possible with SharePoint default capabilities.

You can only add/delete textual comments. You cannot even edit the existing comments as of now.

You can find all information related to SharePoint online list comments at: SharePoint Online: All you need to know about Commenting in Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Understood the limitations. Is it possible to create a custom section just like the default "comments" and have our own notes and attachments from various users? Thank you for your reply.

@doubleclick 

Currently it is not possible to create a custom section on the list forms like comments section.

I am not completely sure but you may achieve some of the functionality by customizing the list forms with Power Apps --> Adding textbox for notes & attachments control on new/edit forms

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.