SOLVED

'Copy to' window different for some users

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know how I change the view/window of the 'copy to' and 'move to' funtions.

For most users when clicking the function it pulls out a window on the right where you select the folder you want to copy/move to. And for other users they get a window pop up in the middle with the same thing.

The difference between these two windows is the one that pops up in the middle has already selected the folder the user is in. As where as, the window on the right starts at the root of the directory - forcing the user to navigate through folders to get to their destination. 

How do i change this view so the window opens in the middle where the current folder is already selected?

10 Replies
best response confirmed by tl_23 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This is a new feature currently rolling out. Endpoint caching etc. has to go and it’ll update soon. The middle screen is the new design. So everyone will have it as some point soon. No way to force it for all users.

Okay, thank you :) @Chris Webb 

@Chris Webb  We have 1 staff member that has 'Move To' / 'Copy To' dialog box appearing in the middle of the screen.  When the staff member continues and selects another library to move or copy to, the system displays 'Something went wrong. The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold'.    All other staff members have the 'Move To' / 'Copy To' details displaying on the right side of screen and can successfully Move and/or Copy files.     Any ideas how to resolve?

Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,
I just had this discussion today, different views for different users and even different Teams Sites. My problem with the new view: I have users copying templates from on site to over 380 different sites. They are not following all the 380 sites and therefore they will not be offered all these sites as the target site. This was possible in the old UI, which was obviously not ideal because of the reloading (technically speaking) but very handy for these few people.

Any thoughts on that @Chris Webb? Or is this just the first version of the new UI and it will be added on?

Thanks!

@ElenaAsanin No clue, but agree this is a step backwards. It desperately needs at a minimum a search bar to find sites to move / copy to...... ugh.... sometimes I wonder about these UX designers lol. 

Hi @Chris Webb, today, scrolling through the Message center I found this item on the roadmap: https://www.microsoft.com/de-ch/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=88912

The logic here would be a solution to the issue with not finding the right site because they don't follow it. Having "My Teams" reflected in the "copy to/move to" interface would be great.
I've found that if I follow a Site, be it a Team Site or other, then I can find it very quickly with the new interface which has a following section
Dear @Frank Smith, yes, I am aware of that. But in our case, we talk about 380 Sites which should be followed and it seams a bit difficult, to than find a specific site in the following section. Of course, one could ask, why are there 380 sites necessary :-D. Thanks anyway. Best regards, Elena

@ElenaAsanin Same issue.   Hundreds of sharepoint sites and only a handful of choices to copy-to with no option to search.   I'm guessing the developers don't actually use sharepoint.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tl_23 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This is a new feature currently rolling out. Endpoint caching etc. has to go and it’ll update soon. The middle screen is the new design. So everyone will have it as some point soon. No way to force it for all users.

View solution in original post