Copy-SPTaxonomyGroups - The local farm is not accessible.

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

I am configuring Hybrid Taxonomy and am running into the following error when I run the Copy-SPTaxonomyGroups cmdlet.

The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered.

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

Copy-SPTaxonomyGroups : The 'username' argument is invalid.

The account I am using is a global admin in Office 365 and a farm admin in SharePoint 2016 on-premise.

Any idea what's causing this error?

Thank you!

Bob

3 Replies
Usually this error arises when you don't run the SharePoint Management Shell 'as Administrator'.

Hi @Trevor Seward,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm running PS as my admin account; which is a global admin in O365 and a farm admin. Let me try some other combinations and just run as admin.

Thank you!

Bob

Well, again you have to run PoSh "as administrator" otherwise you will not be running with an admin token.

For the cmdlet, make sure to specify a cloud-only, non-MFA enabled account for connecting to Office 365. But you're not getting quite that far.

Only other thing I can think of is make sure that you're patching with both the sts-x-none and wssmui patches for a given month. I find people often only patch the sts-x-none patch (typically a security patch) and miss that they also need to install the wssmui patch, if one is available for that month, or the most recent month one is available.