Copy Link not working

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I have customised a SharePoint list form and I cannot get the url from the "Copy Link" button. Is this something anyone else is seeing?

Dhiran

4 Replies
Are you trying to copy link from a new item form?
Copy link is supposed to give you a link to an existing item. When you are trying to click this button from the context of the New form - the item does not exist yet. Hence - it is impossible to construct the link:

Let me know if this helps.

Please click Accept as solution & :thumbs_up: if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌:thumbs_up:
Hi,

The copy link button when the new form is opened is supposed to give you a link to the new form so that you can link it to a button on a page if you want. I have used this before for other sites but when I try it now the copy link doesn't return anything.
Hi, has anyone found a way to get the copy link to work on a new form. I haven't had a problem on other custom forms, but I do now.

Hi @AngelaJ1s,

The only way I have managed to do this is to modify other links I have been able to get. So for you, you would need to modify this link to suit your environment,

https://<SITEURL>/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=8&ListId=%7b<LIST ID>%7d&RootFolder=<ROOTFOLDER>&Source=<RETURN LOCATION>

LIST ID - If you go to your list settings, you can get the guid from the URL on the settings page.

ROOT FOLDER - This will be the location of your list, for example, /sites/mysite/Lists/Listname

RETURN LOCATION - Where do you want to return the user once they complete the form action

Hope this helps