Content Search Web Part Stopped Updating - June 13th

Brass Contributor

We have a SharePoint site that has multiple content search web parts that looks at specific page content types.  As of late June 12 or June 13 they all stopped working.  We have a UAT site that's the same as the prod site, at it's no longer working in either place.

Has anyone experience this same issue?  It seems like the search web part works for documents but not pages. 

5 Replies

How do you mean not working?

Do you mean that you are not getting search results back? (Does normal search work? Can you debug the display templates within the browser and step through the data) 

Or are errors given? (What are the error messages?)

Brandon...I've experienced this in the past and as a last resort after doing several full and incremental crawls, had to reset the index and do a full crawl.  That resolved the issue.

Our Content Search Web Parts that show news stories (article pages) has also stopped working since yesterday morning. I have re-indexed the site and the pages list, but for over 24-hours nothing is showing up.

I have put in a support call to Microsoft because there just doesn't seem to be any other way of reinvigorating the results.

I have just noticed in the Administration Portal that there is a notification saying that there is a service degradation concerning .aspx pages and that would seem to correspond with the search index not working.

For more details look in your Microsoft 365 admin center for service notification SP141856 - Problem searching new pages within SharePoint Online

We are also experiencing the similar issues in our tenant.

When we go to the Admin center we saw "Problem searching new pages within SharePoint Online" in the Home section> Service health under Advisories

That message showed up shortly after I put in the call to Microsoft last week.  It didn't take much troubleshooting before it got escalated.

Last update I saw is they have a fix in their pre-prod environment they are monitoring.   I received an email from MS this morning that said...our backend team is actively working on the case and will provide you with an update when possible...but no timelines.