Content Search Web Part: Mapped date displays a wrong date

Copper Contributor

I have a field called "ArticlePublishDate" which as a crawled property is "ows_ArticlePublishDate". I then have a managed property "ArticlePublishDateOWSDATE" which is mapped to crawled property "ows_ArticlePublishDate".

I use a content search web part to display the articles, and have the property mapping field to display "ArticlePublishDateOWSDATE".

The problem I have that that date shows for example a date 20/9/16 when it really should be 21/9/16.

The type for the ArticlePublishDate is date and time, date only.

Why is it dragging one day behind? Any ideas, please?

Thank you,

Terhi

5 Replies

Hi Terhi,

my first guess is that your regional settings are incorrect in the site. if as you only show the date i guess you are in europe/middle east and the time is in US..

KR,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked this, and the site settings are in UK time so that cannot be it. Any other options that might cause this problem, please?

Thanks,

Terhi

Hi @Terhi Manninen,

I hadthe same problem a while back. this is a time zone issue. Within your dispaly template are you puting the date into a Javascript variable. I found in the past that time zones either applied wrongly or got ignored. I think it also had something to do wtih the time included in the date.

best thing to do is to ste throguh the javascript in your browsers debugger.

Thanks Pieter. I don't think that is the problem here. I shall raise a support call for this. Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

I have the same issue. Is there any solution?

In my list I have 12-1-2017 (dd/mm/yyyy). In my search result, crawled field, I get 1/11/2017 (mm/dd/yyyy).  A difference of one day.

Somehow this looks like a timezone issue but, at admin level, everything is at Dutch (gmt +1) and on personal level I choose to inherit from admin. So, no difference, I assume?