Content Query web part sort order incorrect

Brass Contributor

Hello! We're on SharePoint Server 2016, and are using content query web parts to pull in links from several of our lists and document libraries. In the settings for one of these web parts, we have items grouped by topic, and then sorted alphabetically. However, two of the links (list items) have not been sorted along with the rest.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue, aside from renaming those two? They both start with "S" and contain a colon. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply

@Sandra_Flanagan I realise this post is a year old now but I found it from a web search when I ran into the same issue today on SP2019 and wanted to leave a comment for future SharePoint trouble-shooters to find.

Turns out the order was corrected only after I changed the content type in the query section from "<All Content Types>" to the content type of the items in the library (documents in my case).

Documents and folders were the only two content types available in my library and there were no folders in said library, so I'm not sure why this makes a difference.