SOLVED

Content Editor in New Communication sites

Iron Contributor

In the older version of sharepoint, I could add a content editor webpart, add an image to it, then add a link on the image. I cannot seem to do that in the new modern communication site/page using the webparts that are available. 

Unless I'm missing something, does anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies

@Susan Hanley  Thx for the quick response! I see how to do that but it only allows me to put one image in the webpart. I need to have 8 images where each on links to a bio page of that person.

The Image gallery is more of what I was thinking but it doesn't let me add the hyperlink. 

Correct - so use multiple 3-column sections and add one image in each section. Or, since you already have a page for each person, use the Quick Links web part with the Grid view in a single column section. You can choose a thumbnail image for each page that is the person's photo. Then, when you add the link to a page in the Quick Links web part, visitors will see the person and their name - and each tile will link to the page. The Quick Links web part in a single column will show 4 items across the column and you can use just one Quick Links web part since the Grid layout automatically "stacks" the items in a grid. Images can only be used in "stacks" of 3 column sections. Take a look at some of the examples in lookbook.microsoft.com to see how you can make image-based links to content.

@Susan Hanley - Thank you! I think the Quick Links option using the filmstrip layout is what we want. Again, thank you! You're the best!

best response confirmed by Paula Flores (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You may want the Grid view, not filmstrip - unless you want items 5 and above to be hidden behind a scroll. If you want all items to display, use the Grid view. Both show 4 items in a single column - but the filmstrip view "hides" items 5 and above. Just depends on your user experience goal.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Paula Flores (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You may want the Grid view, not filmstrip - unless you want items 5 and above to be hidden behind a scroll. If you want all items to display, use the Grid view. Both show 4 items in a single column - but the filmstrip view "hides" items 5 and above. Just depends on your user experience goal.

View solution in original post