SOLVED

Conditional Formatting for List Header

Copper Contributor

First post here so forgive me if I am not detailed enough.

I am creating an approval process and I am using this header formatting. As an example, for HR approval, I would like to tweak it for the HR approval portion to be hidden in the header until a certain text field is longer "null". I can hide it the list form itself but I am having trouble hiding the actual header. 

For my example, the below would only say "Manager Approval" until a text field (lets say "Name") is no longer "null".

Along the lines of: =if([$Name]==true, 'true', 'false')

Would this be possible?

LaMakiry_0-1674689936350.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by LaMakiry (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LaMakiry 

It is normally more helpful to include your advanced formatting json so people can fully test thier answers before submitting a solution. That said, I think the comparison you are needing is as follows: 

=if([$Name.email]!='', 'true', 'false')

The place I would put that comparison is on the "display" property in the "style" attribute of the icon, which would look something like this:

"style": {
    "display": "=if([$Name.email] != '', 'block', 'none')"
}

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Don

If my answer helps solve or resolve your issue, please consider clicking  Mark as Best Response & Like. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.

Amazing, thank you!
Thank youDon :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LaMakiry (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LaMakiry 

It is normally more helpful to include your advanced formatting json so people can fully test thier answers before submitting a solution. That said, I think the comparison you are needing is as follows: 

=if([$Name.email]!='', 'true', 'false')

The place I would put that comparison is on the "display" property in the "style" attribute of the icon, which would look something like this:

"style": {
    "display": "=if([$Name.email] != '', 'block', 'none')"
}

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Don

If my answer helps solve or resolve your issue, please consider clicking  Mark as Best Response & Like. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it a Like.

View solution in original post