Completely remove the Modern page Banner/Title inside my communication site, similar to the modern p

Steel Contributor
Inside the SharePoint Lookbook sites, most of them do not have the Modern page Banner/Title, as follow:-

save12.png

While when i tried to add a new modern page inside my communication site, i will always get a Page Banner/Tile, as follow:-

save123.png

so how i can completely remove it? I know that i can set the banner as Plain, but this will still show the title text, while i need to remove the whole section..any advice?

4 Replies

@john john To create a blank page without header & title, you have to create a site page with Home page layout.

Check this step by step article to create a modern blank page without header & title in SharePoint online: SharePoint Online: Create a blank page without header & title

If you have already created the page, you have to change the page layout to "Home" page layout using PowerShell (more examples available in above article link) .

Using PnP PowerShell

Connect-PnPOnline -Url "<site-url>"  
Set-PnPClientSidePage -Identity "MyPageName" -LayoutType "Home" 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Hi @john john, were you able to follow the steps & achieve your requirements? Let me know if you still need help with this?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Curious if powershell is still the only way to remove the title still.... I'm trying Docker and am having issues connecting to my sharepoint.

@CarmenD2007 

Yes, you have to set the layout of SharePoint site page to Home page layout.

You can follow the article if you want to create new blank page without title and header: SharePoint Online: Create a blank page without header & title 

Also, it is easier to set page layout to Home using the PowerShell commands for existing SharePoint pages. However, you can check if there is any way to change the page layout using SharePoint REST API which might help you if you don't want to use PowerShell.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.