SOLVED

Communication to Teams Sites

Bronze Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been asked multiple times, forgive me!

Is it possible to change Classic Communication site to Teams Site so I can connect with Office 365 group?  if not possible, what is the best way to handle it?

Thanks for help in advance!

Moe

7 Replies
You can't convert between site templates, so your best way forward it to create a new site and then copy the content from the Communication Site to the new Team Site.

If you are using publishing features then you will need to activate the Site Collection features in the Team Site to enable publishing. Do this before you move the content.

Hi Steve,

Do you recommend copy the content manually, using Flow or any other tools?

Thanks!
Moe
Juan,

Thanks for the link! I’m trying to convert comm site to Teams and then connect to O365 group.

Thanks!
Moe
best response confirmed by Moe_Kinani (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Depends on the volume of content. If it is just a small amount, create libraries in the Team site and then use the Copy/Move function (library must be Modern) to move the items.
For bigger content then I tend to use ShareGate or DocAve (depending on what the client has)
Very helpful, thanks Steve!
Glad it helped :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Moe_Kinani (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Depends on the volume of content. If it is just a small amount, create libraries in the Team site and then use the Copy/Move function (library must be Modern) to move the items.
For bigger content then I tend to use ShareGate or DocAve (depending on what the client has)

View solution in original post