Communication Sites rollout to 100% of First Release customers completed

Silver Contributor

For those that haven't heard the news, I thought this was worth posting asap - Communication Sites as well as the new pages and web parts experiences, are now available to everyone in First Release.  This also includes tenant wide First Release! Great job guys, this is awesome.  

7 Replies
Great news and I saw them today at a customer with First Release for all organization enabled

Love everything about communications sites for what it is currently.

Though the way it's been rolled out has left a bad taste in my mouth... which I hope the Office 365 product team addresses the way first release is used in the future. My main bug is that this is a first release feature, that everyone has access to, but a non-first release user gets a broken experience, if they can access it at they should get the full proper experience....

For those that might be interested, I have brought together lots of SharePoint Communication Sites resources, guides, how-to's etc.

@Warwick Ward I wasn't aware of that, Microsoft has said that they are moving their rollout to a percentage of production tenants but that's going to take some time. 

It's the 26th and I still cannot see the create communication sites button in Sharepoint. I added myself to the first release track over 2 weeks ago it's just me and one other person. I've also adjusted settings in Sharepoint to allow for site creation and if they have finally rolled out 100% then I am still unable to see and test these features. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks, Manny

Have you tried creating one from OneDrive? - Clicking the plus symbol against your organisation's name?

@Andrew SilcockWow Awesome! That worked thanks for the help I've been going to crazy trying to figure this out. Thanks again! -Manny

No problem Manny,

For me, there are too many places to create groups and to create them in OneDrive is confusing for me. The wording is often confusing for our users and the fact that it displays a OneDrive logo when it's creating a group from this location is even more bizarre, but at least you can create a communication site now.