SOLVED

Communication Site and Webpart in full-width column

Deleted
Not applicable

I created my first webpart with Sharepoint Framework.

I love the apps developing way with Gulp, React etc etc.

Why I can't insert my webpart in a "Full-width column" of modern page? I can select only Hero and Image webpars.

Thanks.

9 Replies

Did you find a solution for this?

No, unfortunately, there is no way to add a fluid webpart in a communication site.

What a pity :(

I found a way to bypass this restriction. Grab the web part, move it to the very top left corner of the full width section. I was able to now bypass the restriction. In fact I have rolling carousel and all as the header.
When you move the web part, make sure it highlights over the section control. This really works well and I can now have any web part at all including I frames in the full width column.
best response
Solution

Here is the video of how to do it: https://www.screencast.com/t/lo5oeVFy

Hi Larry great video but is your item a image or a webpart which you are moving?

Fantastic, it works. Just drag the webpart!

I had solved by inserting "supportsFullBleed": true in the manifest of my webpart. 

I don't know if it's officially supported, but it worked.

print.PNG

Hi Paul,

That is actually an embed Webpart.  In the embed webpart I simply point to the webpage I want to Embed.  I use HTML 5   to create the animations, carousels etc.... and then just use the embed webpart on the page.

It actually  allows some really cool HTML 5,  jQuery,  and all sorts of options to be inserted using the embed web part.

@Larry Casey Good tip but you have to be a little careful with featured images if you use the news web part....they don't scale very well in mobile view.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response