Commercial SharePoint user profile synchronization solutions

Copper Contributor

Hi all, for an Office 365 customer I'm currently doing some research on commercial solutions for (bulk) updating SharePoint user profiles. I have been searching quite a bit, but unfortunately have only found 1 product so far by bandrsolutions (O365 profile synchronization). A possible alternative of course is to build a custom PS/.net script using PnP.

My question is, does anyone in the community have any good recommendations / experience with other solutions, preferably commercial ones?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Given the PnP exists, I doubt there is much appetite for a commercial solution -- there would be little gain in creating such a solution.

Is there an issue with the PnP solution?
Hi Trevor, not really, except trying to keep custom scripts to a minimum due to lack of developers and making sure that we are not reinventing the wheel if there is already a good solution available, but what I understand from your answer is that there are no products available and that PnP is our best way forward?
I'm personally not aware of any and yes, I believe PnP would be your best way forward. You could look to hire temporary help to get this working. While I don't know your specific requirements, taking the PnP solution and properly integrating it with your data source should easily be <40 hours worth of work. There are plenty of SharePoint consultancy shops that could assist in this.