Column that adds the date when a column value equals 100

Brass Contributor

I would like a column that can automatically fill in a completion date when another column's value reaches 100.

I have percentage tracking that when a column is completed or 100% I would like the date in another column to reflect the day its value was changed. Is this possible using column forumla or would I need to consult the Power Automate experts?

4 Replies

@jamescosten you just need a calculated column set to return a date and a formula like

=IF(CheckClear/CheckItems<1,"",TODAY())

(in my case both CheckClear and CheckItems are also calculated columns)

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you for the reply.

Will this change the date tomorrow? Or will it remain the date the column was completed?

@jamescosten the dates don't update dynamically, only when you edit an item. But you can have a separate column with JSOn formatting that will display the date automatically, though not update it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Calculated Columns will recalculate every time you update the item....
So if you update the item never again the date in the column will stay the same....
If you update the item the value will again be set to the today.

I personally would create a PowerAutomate Flow that runs on every update. The flow should then check if your data column equals 100 and if your completition date column is empty.
Only in that case should the flow set the completition date to now.