Column not saving changes - file not checked out

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Myself and several other users have had issues editing some columns on documents in our document libraries. So far it appears to impact choice columns only. It does not impact every document, but there is no apparent common factor to when it happens or not.

Changing a column in the details pane in the modern experience shows it as changing and then saving, but clicking off the item makes the change disappear. Trying to use quick edit results in the same behaviour. Changing to classic experience, the change still fails. No error message is displayed indicating any issue that would prevent a change to the property, such as the file being checked out. We do not require files to be checked out for editing either, so it is generally unlikely this would present a problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

2 Replies

@Diodes 

Hello,

If you still have the same issue try with List settings and do this from there, instead of modern view and let me know if you still have the same issue.

Thanks.

Alireza

@Alireza Rahimifarid  not sure I understand?

Changing the column from checklist to dropdown in the library settings solved the issue, but then of course it is not clear why the checklist option was creating a problem.