SOLVED

Column Grouping - How to ungroup

Copper Contributor

I recently selected to group a Sharepoint list by a column. Now, I cannot get the view to revert back to an ungrouped column view. 

The list is connected to Teams, Power BI, etc. In all places, the view is grouped by 1 column. When I check the group by column option, it temporarily reverts back. When I refresh, (trying to edit in grid view) it reverts back to the grouped column view.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by kelly_bumpus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kelly_bumpus Follow below steps to solve this:

1. Go to your SharePoint list.
  2. Click on Settings (gear icon) at the top & select List settings.
  3. On list settings page, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can see Views section.
  4. Click on the view name where you have applied the column grouping.
  5. On view settings page, scroll to the Group By section & expand it.
  6. Select None in both the dropdowns (replicate the settings like below image).
  7. Click OK 

ganeshsanap_0-1620191087047.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap  Thank you! This worked.

Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kelly_bumpus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kelly_bumpus Follow below steps to solve this:

1. Go to your SharePoint list.
  2. Click on Settings (gear icon) at the top & select List settings.
  3. On list settings page, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can see Views section.
  4. Click on the view name where you have applied the column grouping.
  5. On view settings page, scroll to the Group By section & expand it.
  6. Select None in both the dropdowns (replicate the settings like below image).
  7. Click OK 

ganeshsanap_0-1620191087047.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post