SOLVED

Column formatting - Last Review Date + 365 days

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I wish to format a date column named Last_x0020_review_x0020_date with conditional formatting to display either the column or ideally the entire row in "Red" with white text.

For example if Last Review Date = 10/08/2021 (UK date format), it should format as above if today is equal to or more than 365 days (1 year).

However if the date is 11/08/2022 then it should just display normally (white background and black text).

Any help would be really appreciated!

7 Replies

@Chris Cundy You can color entire row using view formatting. Use below JSON in "Format current view" option: 

{
    "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/view-formatting.schema.json",
    "additionalRowClass": "=if([$Last_x0020_review_x0020_date] + 31536000000 <= @now , 'ms-bgColor-red ms-fontColor-white', '')"
}

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1660223492253.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

This works great.

One thing, can we highlight rows where the Last Review Date is empty? in a different colour such as yellow?

@Chris Cundy 

For coloring only last review date column, you can use column formatting. use this JSON in "Format this column" option for date column: 

{
    "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
    "elmType": "div",
    "txtContent": "@currentField",
    "attributes": {
        "class": "=if(@currentField + 31536000000 <= @now , 'ms-bgColor-red ms-fontColor-white', '')"
    }
}

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1660224054156.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Both the above options for row and column formatting work well - are you able to help with my second query?

Can we highlight rows where the Last Review Date is empty? in a different colour such as yellow?

and can this be incorporated to the first solution?

best response confirmed by Chris Cundy (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Chris Cundy Yes, you have to add one more condition in expression like: 

{
    "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/view-formatting.schema.json",
    "additionalRowClass": "=if(if(Number([$LastReviewDate]) == 0, 'ms-bgColor-yellowLight', [$LastReviewDate] + 31536000000 <= @now , 'ms-bgColor-red ms-fontColor-white', ''))"
}

ReferenceSharePoint JSON formatting: Check if date & time column is blank/empty  

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1660224755396.png

@ganeshsanap 

Thank you - this is brilliant! :star::star::star::star::star:

@Chris Cundy You're welcome, glad it worked for you!

Please consider giving Likes if my posts helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chris Cundy (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Chris Cundy Yes, you have to add one more condition in expression like: 

{
    "additionalRowClass": "=if(if(Number([$LastReviewDate]) == 0, 'ms-bgColor-yellowLight', [$LastReviewDate] + 31536000000 <= @now , 'ms-bgColor-red ms-fontColor-white', ''))"
}

ReferenceSharePoint JSON formatting: Check if date & time column is blank/empty  

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1660224755396.png

View solution in original post