SOLVED

Classic webparts availability in the Modern Page

Iron Contributor

Hello Microsoft,

When can we expect all the currently available classic page webparts in the Modern pages/sites.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

6 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
They won't give you that, they are adding them in batches as we go, so over the next year or so most will be converted.
Yep, classic WebParts are not going to be supported in modern pages
I think they know that, they were asking when the classic one's were getting migrated to modern :).

But basically they are doing them as they see the need as far as usage goes. Not all of them may get done, but They are doing 3 more soon, just saw the post for them, Promoted links, and a few others. Still waiting on the tasks one, but that's not a big deal cause I just started setting up custom list for task lists. But at this point they are just plucking off a few here and there and just adding new ones to other systems.

@Deleted - Is there a link to what new relaeases are coming and when? (As you mentioned Promoted Link - which is something I'm particularly looking for).

Usually gets posted in the admin center message center. The promoted links got updated but it was the modern list UI not an actual web part update. The closest you can get is highlighted content web part.

The new image webpart updates coming may also be able to mimic the promoted links since we’ll be able to put text overlays on images soon.

I've just found that there some relatable items when using SharePoint 'modern pages' new webpart.

Similar web part exists in modern pages

Great. Just map old web part to corresponding modern one. Some examples below:

• Promoted Links (old) ⇒ Quick Links (new)
  • Announcements (old) ⇒ News (new)

credit: SharePoint Maven

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
They won't give you that, they are adding them in batches as we go, so over the next year or so most will be converted.

View solution in original post