SOLVED

Check-in a Modern document library with versioning - please explain these inconsistencies...

Brass Contributor

Can someone explain why in a modern document library Check-in behaves differently depending where I Check-in from...

For example screenshot one - I clicked the ellipse next to the document and choose check-in - I HAVE to provide comments and can't pick if it's a major or minor version.

In screenshot 2 I picked from the top menu and it loads the old Classic dialogue where comments aren't mandatory and you can pick the version..

Thanks for any clues!

Screenshot 1

screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot 2

screenshot2.jpg

4 Replies
Well, nothing here to explain...the behaviour is simply wrong and a bug IMHO

@David1972 - I have the same experience on my tenant. I'm a first release user on a current tenant. 

This document shows that when you click 'Check In' from the toolbar, the 'stripped down' version of check in is displayed (different from what you and I see)
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/top-questions-about-check-out-check-in-and-versions-7e94133...

best response confirmed by Ingeborg Hawighorst (MVP)
Solution

@David1972  I found a bit more info. If the library is setup for Major/Minor versions, then the 'classic' check in is displayed when clicking 'check in' from the toolbar. However, if only major versions are enabled on the library, then the 'stripped down' version of the check in box is displayed if you click Check In from the toolbar or from the shortcut menu. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ingeborg Hawighorst (MVP)
Solution

@David1972  I found a bit more info. If the library is setup for Major/Minor versions, then the 'classic' check in is displayed when clicking 'check in' from the toolbar. However, if only major versions are enabled on the library, then the 'stripped down' version of the check in box is displayed if you click Check In from the toolbar or from the shortcut menu. 

View solution in original post