Change View when Opening Folder

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to link a view to a folder inside a document library so that when you open that folder, it changes from the default view to the view you've specified? Say the default view for that library is All Documents, but when you open a particular folder it opens in another view, say, NotesView. Can that be done?

6 Replies

Hello @JonathanJPS 

i found this post, not sure if this works on modern. Never used this before either.

http://www.cyberviva.com/sharepoint/different-type-of-view-in-sharepoint-document-library-root-sub-f...

Regards, Dave

Thanks, but doesn't appear to work in SharePoint 365 - the option 'Show this view: in folders of content type:' does not appear.

Hi @JonathanJPS 

i have created a new Teamsite and i have this options in views settings, not sure but i think, it's a "classic" feature only....

DavidMehr_0-1651036870178.png

Regards, Dave

thanks for having a look, but I don't see it in the version I've got. I think I'll have to find another way of getting around it.
Were either of you ever able to find a solution for this on the new version of SharePoint?

@JonathanJPS 

This is still an issue with Modern SharePoint. They have forgotten about this feature and left it back in the Classic experience. This does not work for Modern. There were multiple fix-it suggestions sent about this, but they haven't fixed it in at least 2 years.