Change The Site Name In Order To Appear In Email Alerts

Copper Contributor

Currently I am trying to change Site Name in the email alerts in sharepoint online. I can change the site name using the UI of the site collection itself.  But when I browse the site collection using the Modern Experience I still see the Site Name which was assigned during creation time with PowerShell scripts. And also the alerts still show the original name. 

I am talking about this column (Site Name) in the SharePoint Admin (modern experience):

SiteName.png

No matter what changes I make this column keeps the initial values.

9 Replies
This seems to be a bug or a caching issue...I will report this to the team

Do you think we can expect a fix soon? The other option for me will be to recreate the Site Collection but I have to take care of exporting document libraries etc.

Are you renaming the site in the same language it was created?

You mean to set the locale LocaleId while running the command? Will check and write back.

Not sure how to change the Title of an existing site in a particular language. Any ideas?

The site name displayed in communications and on SharePoint home is in the default language. If you enabled other languages and are doing the rename with a user ou context in a different language, the default one will not change. 

Until a few weeks ago, there was no way to use a language different than the tenant's one when creating a site. Since our tenant is in English and we operate in French we often encounter that kind of issues.

The site title displayed on the home page and in the Title tag is changed successfully BUT the one in the Emails and also in the column Site Name in the Admin center is still not changed.

Nikolay, how long did you wait for the change to be reflected in the new admin center? It should take at most 5 minutes.

@Nikolay Yordanov could you directly email us your tenant info so we can investigate?